The Cobra golf clubs are world number one in the game, so they should be good, right? Let’s look at their quality to see if they might be worth your time and money. Our unbiased review of cobra golf clubs will help you make the right buying decision.
This guide is for beginner golfers who are considering buying their first set of golf clubs or pros looking to switch to another brand.
At a glance
Best for Men
Cobra Men’s Fly
Best for Women
Cobra Women’s Fly
Best Iron Set
Cobra King 2021 Radspeed Iron Set
- At a glance
- What are Cobra Golf Clubs?
- What are the features of Cobra golf clubs?
- What we like about Cobra golf clubs
- What we don’t like about Cobra golf clubs
- Why do I recommend Cobra golf clubs?
- Frequently asked questions around Cobra golf clubs
- Final thoughts regarding Cobra golf clubs
What are Cobra Golf Clubs?
Cobra is an excellent brand of golf clubs, and they manufacture golf clubs for an awful lot of different kinds of golfers.
If you’re a beginner, chances are they’ll have some starter golf clubs designed with you in mind. However, if you’re a golfer that usually plays with friends and plays tournaments regularly, then it’s likely you’ll want to buy some mid-range or high-end clubs from their range as well.
In our article on the best golf club brands, we have previously discussed Cobra golf clubs in our article on the best golf club brands. We have also reviewed Cobra’s Radspeed Driver as the best budget driver for high handicappers.
Who makes Cobra Golf Clubs?
Cobra Golf clubs are among the world’s most famous golf club brand, with over 2 million sold in over 100 countries worldwide since Cobra was established in 1973. The Cobra Golf Clubs were originally manufactured by the Cobra golf founded by Australian amateur golf champion, Thomas Crow.
Puma AG purchased cobra golf in 2010, and the new company Cobra-Puma are the current owner of Cobra Golf. However, Cobra still operates as an independent brand leveraging the extended Puma range of golf footwear and other accessories.
Where are Cobra golf clubs made?
Cobra golf clubs are made in South Korea. However, they do maintain a number of offices and factories in other parts of the world, including the US. Their head office is located in Carlsbad, California.
The Cobra company itself is an American company that manufacturers a wide range of golf products. Some of their best-known products are the Cobra King putters and Cobra Radspeed drivers.
What are the features of Cobra golf clubs?
Cobra golf clubs have a massive range of clubs that suit all golfers, from beginners to pros. Their most popular clubs are the Cobra King and the Cobra Radspeed driver, an excellent club for beginners and amateurs.
Their most popular range of women’s golf clubs is called the Fly or F-Max range. These are excellent clubs for beginner and pro-female golfers.
In addition to their standard range, they have some fantastic limited editions of their drivers so you can stand out from the crowd.
Cobra golf clubs are made from forged carbon steel, titanium, and stainless steel. They have a range of grips, from regular grips to super-tack grips.
The Cobra golf driver is best for beginners and pros. The drivers are a bit less forgiving than their counterparts in this price range, but they gain a bit of distance without losing too much accuracy.
What we like about Cobra golf clubs
- Cobra golf clubs have a wide range of excellent clubs at affordable prices. Their drivers are great for beginners and pros, so it’s difficult to go wrong with the Cobra brand golf clubs.
- Their F-Max club range is suitable for women. This range comes as a lightweight range perfect for lady golfers.
- Their female fairway woods (either the F-max, Fly, or the Radspeed range) are among their most popular women’s clubs and great clubs for beginners too.
- Cobra golf clubs have a long history of delivering high-quality products. Their drivers are a great example of this. They’re a middle-of-the-road type of golf driver that will suit most golfer’s needs.
- Their combination of features is designed for ease of use, with their slim grips being unobtrusive.
- The low-impact shafts are well finished, making them durable and easy to swing. – Cobra golf clubs are backed by a two (2) or 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
What we don’t like about Cobra golf clubs
- They are not the most expensive golf clubs on the market, but they do cost more than you’d expect for their quality.
- Many Cobra golf clubs are composite, but these are still durable and designed to reduce shock on impact.
- The stock grips on Cobra golf clubs tend to wear out quickly, especially if an individual golfer has sweaty hands. It is best to change these for personal preference or the weather you play in.
- The Cobra Golf Club range does not cater for lefties.
Why do I recommend Cobra golf clubs?
Cobra golf clubs are designed with serious golfers in mind. They offer a competitive price against other similarly priced brands on the market, considering the quality of their club heads. If you’re a beginner, they have an extensive range of golf clubs of excellent quality.
Their F-Max range of golf clubs is perfect for beginners and pros alike. The F-Max fairway wood is one of my personal favorites in the men’s lineup, and it’s priced reasonably for such a high-quality driver.
Cobra golf clubs are not the most expensive on the market, but they’re higher priced than some beginner brands.
Frequently asked questions around Cobra golf clubs
Are Cobra golf clubs any good?
- The Cobra golf clubs are excellent, especially for professionals and beginners alike. The majority of the drivers are great, but there are some that could be improved.
- They’re not the most expensive on the market for their quality, but they’re higher priced than some beginner brands. They do offer a two (2) or 3-year manufacturer’s warranty to back up their standard clubs.
- If you like the classic look of Cobra golf clubs, they come in styles such as steel shafts or titanium.
- Cobra golf clubs are different in design from other brands when it comes to their grips. They have an ergonomic grip, allowing for greater comfort when swinging the clubhead.
What are the Cobra drivers good for?
Most of the Cobra golf drivers are great, with most being suitable for both beginners and pros. The F-Max fairway wood in particular is a great club for beginners, and has a great long-distance trajectory with low spin.
Cobra golf clubs have a great finish for the most part, in particular the F-Max fairway wood driver. This finish enables you to get a long distance in your trajectory and low spin, so less work is needed in the rough.
Are Cobra golf clubs good for beginners?
Yes! The Cobra golf clubs are great for beginners. Specifically, the F-Max range is excellent, but the King putter is also a good beginner’s putter to consider when purchasing your first golf clubs.
Cobra’s Radspeed range includes drivers, fairway woods, and hybrids, working perfectly for beginners. This Radspeed range is well-balanced, allowing for a smooth stroke and a great distance.
The King Speedzone fairway wood is one of the best fairway woods for beginners around. It’s not as good as the Cobra Radspeed range, but it does have a slightly lower spin and long-distance.
Cobra golf clubs are geared towards right-handed golfers, which may be a problem for left-handed players. They do have a limited range of golf clubs that cater to left-handed players, though.
Are Cobra golf clubs great for seniors?
Cobra golf clubs are suitable for seniors who want to play but aren’t willing to drop a lot of money. The Radspeed fairway woods and drivers are great for senior golfers who enjoy the benefits of a driver, such as distance and accuracy but want to spend less than $500.
The rest of Cobra’s King range is also great for seniors, including putters and irons. Cobra golf clubs are not available to left-handers, so if you’re a lefty, you’ll have to look at another golf club range.
Are Cobra golf clubs great for women?
Cobra golf clubs are great for women who want a good quality set of clubs at a reasonable price. They have a range of clubs that cater to women specifically, so if you’re a woman looking for golf clubs, look no further.
The F-Max fairway wood is one of the most popular women’s drivers, and it’s perfect for beginners and pros alike. The F-Max is designed with low spin and a long-distance, making it comfortable to use for all skill levels.
Cobra golf clubs tend to be more expensive than some other brands on the market, but the price of the King Speedzone fairway wood (under $200) is relatively competitive for its quality.
Cobra golf clubs come with a two (2) or 3-year manufacturer’s warranty, which you won’t find in some other brands.
Final thoughts regarding Cobra golf clubs
It’s a great brand for beginners and pros alike. Their drivers are great for beginners and pros, so it’s difficult to go wrong with the Cobra brand golf clubs. If you’re on the fence about investing in Cobra golf clubs, though, I hope this review has helped you make up your mind regarding their clubs.
They’re not the most expensive on the market for their quality, but they’re higher priced than some beginner brands.
The Cobra golf club range is mainly targeted towards right-handed players, so if you’re left-handed, you’ll have to look at another brand. If you’re left-handed but still want some of these golf clubs, you can get them custom-made at your local pro shop.
If you’re not looking to spend a lot for your money, though, Cobra golf clubs are not for you. They’re of great quality, but just on the expensive side compared to other brands on the market.
Growzania is reader-supported.
At Growzania, we aim to provide you with helpful content that helps you work towards a better you.
As such, we include some affiliate or referral links within our posts. When you buy through these links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These affiliate links come at no additional cost to you.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
The details on this article (price, ratings, etc.) are correct as of the date when the post was last updated.
We strive to update our posts regularly. However, a few details may have changed between post update dates.