Hi there, golfer! Let’s discuss the best way to clean your golf balls.
Did you know that many people are having infections from cleaning their golf balls with dish soap? This is because dish soap isn’t designed for the delicate surfaces of golf balls. It can easily remove the protective cover and leave the ball unprotected.
Who wants to go out on the course knowing their ball might not be protected? That’s why we recommend using a specialized cleaner for your golf balls.
|Rank||Title||Item Name||Price (from)||Amazon Rating||Amazon |
|1||Best golf ball cleaning machine||Clean Flight Premium Golf Ball Washer/Cleaner||$34||4.6||View on Amazon|
|2||Best golf ball cleaning solution||Golf Ball Washer Cleaner solution||$25||4.0||View on Amazon|
|3a||Best golf ball cleaning towel||Ball Brite The Ultimate Golf Ball & Club Cleaner Black||$24||4.5||View on Amazon|
|3b||Best budget golf ball towel||Frogger Golf Amphibian Wet/Dry Golf Ball Towel||$11||4.4||View on Amazon|
Best golf ball cleaning machine: Clean Flight Premium Golf Ball Washer/Cleaner
This powerful cleaner is unique because it can clean and disinfect your golf balls from sand and mud. It also includes a drying function for quick drying. With the included accessory, you can use it to wash your golf clubs at the same time.
It’s a portable unit with an attachable hose, so you can easily wash your golf balls anywhere and transport them afterward.
What I like about the Clean Flight Premium Golf Ball Washer/Cleaner
- This is an excellent cleaner for those with little time to clean their balls. It can clean up to 25 golf balls in just a couple of minutes.
- It’s relatively quiet compared to other machines. Some cleaners produce a loud noise when in use, which can be annoying for some people.
- It comes with two (2) foams for different types of cleaning. You can choose between hard and soft foams depending on the type of dirt you’re cleaning off your balls.
- It’s easy to use. Simply plug it in, connect the hose, and clean your golf balls.
- The price is reasonable. You definitely get your money’s worth with this cleaner.
- Instructions are recommended. They’re available online if you can’t find them anywhere else.
What I don’t like about the Clean Flight Premium Golf Ball Washer/Cleaner
- It doesn’t come with a drying function, but this isn’t really a big deal because it can be dry by hand. We just felt like it was worth mentioning. You can check out some of the towels we recommend below for drying.
- The cleaning process takes a very long time. Just like with other machines, it takes a while for the ball to be completely clean.
Why do I recommend the Clean Flight Premium Golf Ball Washer/Cleaner?
The Clean Flight is reasonably priced and features a powerful cleaning function. It comes with 2 foams, one for hard dirt and one for soft. This makes it versatile to use on any surface or ball.
This Clean Flight golf ball cleaner is easy to use right out of the box. All you need to do is plug and play!
Please note: It’s also important to note that cleaning your golf balls isn’t necessary unless they are really dirty. Cleaning your golf balls can prolong their life. One or two cleanings won’t ruin them.
Best golf ball cleaning solution: Golf Ball Washer Cleaner solution
You should use this cleaner in conjunction with the Clean Flight cleaning machine. Simply put it on the foam and place it on top of the ball for a deep and thorough clean.
It’s highly effective in removing dirt, mud, and other stains from your golf balls. It’s safe to use with any type of ball, including plastic, resilient, or urethane balls.
Thankfully, it is an environmentally friendly cleaner that won’t harm your golf balls or the environment where you keep them.
What I like about the Golf Ball Washer Cleaner solution
- It’s made from plant-based ingredients. It’s a healthy and safe cleaner because it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that could harm your golf balls.
- It removes stubborn stains such as those from dirt, mud, and grass.
- It effectively cleans the relief grooves on the ball, which makes replacing them much easier.
- It’s free from phosphates, so it won’t build up inside your balls and damage them.
- It comes in a concentrated form that can be diluted with water. This is great because you don’t have to use a lot of the cleaner to get rid of the dirt in your golf balls.
- The price is very reasonable, which is good considering how powerful this cleaner actually is.
What I don’t like about the Golf Ball Washer Cleaner solution
- It’s a bit messy to use.
- The design is only suited for the top of the ball. You can’t really clean the bottom part of the ball because it’s too small, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t clean it at all.
- It’s very time-consuming, especially if you have a lot of balls to wash, which is why we recommend having several balls for different types of dirt and stains to save time and prevent wasting products.
Why do I recommend the Golf Ball Washer Cleaner solution
This cleaner is an effective way to remove stubborn stains and dirt from your golf balls. It should be used in conjunction with the Clean Flight cleaning machine. Simply put it on the foam and place it on top of the ball for a deep and thorough clean.
This environmentally friendly cleaner won’t harm your golf balls or the environment they’re kept in. It can be diluted with water as needed.
Best golf ball cleaning towel: Ball Brite The Ultimate Golf Ball & Club Cleaner Black
This is another excellent addition to a golf ball cleaner kit. It’s a quality towel made specifically with golfing in mind.
It features a unique cleaning and polishing function that can extend the life of your balls and clubs. It’s also surprisingly resistant to sand, making it perfect for sandy courses!
It comes in black color, so it won’t show dirt or grime easily, which is excellent for outdoor use. It’s also much easier to clean because you can simply put it in the washing machine.
What I like about the Ball Brite The Ultimate Golf Ball & Club Cleaner Black
- It’s effortless to use. Just wipe it on your clubs and balls to remove the dirt and grime. You don’t have to use a lot of force, either.
- It’s capable of cleaning both clubs and golf balls very well.
- It washes away fingerprints and other potentially damaging dirt, making it effective at cleaning both types of balls.
- It’s very affordable. It’s a great addition to your golf ball cleaner kit.
What I don’t like about the Ball Brite The Ultimate Golf Ball & Club Cleaner Black
- The towels aren’t super durable, so you might have to replace them often.
- You can’t use it on wood clubs or other materials.
- It’s very thin, so it doesn’t really do an excellent job of polishing the ball.
Why do I recommend the Ball Brite The Ultimate Golf Ball & Club Cleaner Black?
This is a good-quality towel that’s effective at cleaning your golf balls and clubs. It’s very thin, so you might have to use a few of them at one time to get the clean you want.
This towel is suitable for outdoor use because it won’t show dirt or grime easily. It also doesn’t harm the environment, making it better than some of the other cleaning options out there.
You can carry this towel as part of your accessories in your golf bag.
Best budget golf ball towel: Frogger Golf Amphibian Wet/Dry Golf Ball Towel
This Frogger Golf Amphibian golf ball wet/dry towel is a great addition to your golf ball cleaner kit. It’s very durable and efficient, which is why it works well in any water-covered environment such as the beach or on a boat.
This golf ball dry towel is made from recycled materials and features an absorbent pad that effectively absorbs liquids. It also absorbs dirt, sand, and water that might be present during use, which ensures that your golf balls won’t get damaged in the process of cleaning.
It’s also lightweight, so you can easily carry it around with your accessories in your golf bag.
You’ll love the feel of this soft and stylish towel. It comes in various colors, including black, green, red, yellow, and blue.
What I like about the Frogger Golf Amphibian Wet/Dry Golf Ball Towel
- It’s very durable and long-lasting. You’ll get a lot of use out of it for many months and years to come.
- It’s beneficial at the club or home.
- You can use it for the foam of the golf ball cleaner machine to make sure you clean your golf balls adequately.
- It comes in a variety of colors, including black, green, red, yellow, and blue.
- It gently wipes away dirt and grime without harming your golf balls.
- It’s very affordable so you don’t have to spend much on it in order to give it a try.
What I don’t like about the Frogger Golf Amphibian Wet/Dry Golf Ball Towel
- It’s a bit tricky to wash.
- It’s very small. It doesn’t work for large golf balls.
Why do I recommend the Frogger Golf Amphibian Wet/Dry Golf Ball Towel?
This is a perfect towel for cleaning your golf balls or large objects, as it’s very effective at absorbing water and liquids. It won’t harm the environment, either, which is another great thing about this towel.
It’s also very affordable, which makes it an ideal addition to any golf ball cleaner kit.
This is a great towel to carry with you in your golf bag. You can use it with your clubs, or simply as part of your accessories for the club or when you’re at home.
Final thoughts regarding the best way to clean golf balls
Cleaning your golf balls before and after a game is important. It’ll prolong their life and keep them clean for future use. You don’t have to worry about damaging the balls or losing money because of dirty balls that are no longer usable. It’s good to clean them regularly and avoid using dirty ones in a game, even if it’s unintentional.
If you’re planning on traveling with your golf balls, you should get yourself a good bag to keep them in, so they don’t get damaged or lost.
Frequently asked questions related to the best way to clean golf balls
How do I make my golf ball white again?
You can use toothpaste, such as Colgate or Crest. Apply it on the white part of the ball and rub it in with a cloth. It will help you end up with a very clean and white golf ball.
If you don’t have toothpaste, you can use tooth powder to make the ball white again. It’s a bit more expensive than using toothpaste, but it does just as good of a job.
How do I clean a golf ball machine?
First, you should open up the machine and check whether all of the parts are present. If any of them are missing, you can order replacements or get them from your local supermarket or hardware store.
Then, remove any dirt and debris that may be present inside the machine. You can use a toothbrush for this. Be sure to use one made from natural materials to avoid damaging the inner working components of the machine.
Remember always to use clean cloths made from natural materials. Avoid using paper towels, as they will only end up harming your machine in the long run.
The inner component of the golf ball cleaner machine should be wiped with a damp cloth at least once a week. This will ensure that it’s working properly and generally prevent it from getting clogged up with dirt. It’ll also keep any mold or mildew at bay.
Does vinegar clean golf balls?
No. Vinegar can only be harmful to the environment and your golf ball, so it should only be used at home for cleaning stainless steel appliances.
If you want to clean your golf balls with vinegar, make sure that you don’t use it in the middle of a round or during a competition because of how harmful it can be to your ball.
It’s best used for cleaning when you’re done using the machine so that no dirt or debris may get into it.
Will bleach damage golf balls?
The bleach will be harmful in the short term, but it’ll have no long-lasting damage to the balls. It’s best not to use it for regular cleaning purposes.
Bleach should only be used as a last resort. If you don’t have any other option available, you can use bleach to clean your golf balls.
It’s best not to leave your golf balls in water while they’re wet, as that could cause damage to the core of the ball and its design.
Does water ruin golf balls?
As long as the balls are kept clean and dry for an extended period, they won’t be affected by the moisture that might affect them during a round.
The moisture that’s present in the air is not harmful. It doesn’t cause any damage to your balls as long as you keep them cool and clean. The water should hit the golf balls while they’re still wet; otherwise, it’ll be okay.
Once you wash your golf balls, you should let them dry for a couple of hours out in the open before putting them away. This is particularly true if you live in a humid environment.
It would be best if you also made sure that the balls are completely dry before storing them. If a ball has been sitting in water for too long, it could be severely damaged by the time you take it out.
How do you refurbish a golf ball at home?
The ball can be put through a washing machine or a dishwasher. You should make sure that you use a specific cycle for the machine in which it gets washed.
After it comes out of the machine, any dirt or debris present inside will need to be cleaned thoroughly before playing again. This is particularly true for putting surfaces where oil and dirt can get stuck on and become difficult to remove.
However, the best way is to use a golf ball cleaning machine. These are relatively inexpensive and will make the job quicker and easier.
Can you soak golf balls overnight?
No, it’s best to avoid doing so. It’s best to use a machine that’ll wash the ball without needing to be soaked. The ball won’t come out dirty and will still be clean when you’re finished.
If a machine that does this is unavailable at home, you can put it in the washing machine by itself and let it run through the cleanup cycle by its self.
It’ll be just as effective, if not more so, than burying a ball in water for an extended time that will then needed to be washed later.
Can you put golf balls in the dryer?
Yes, you can put golf balls in the dryer. The machine should be set at low heat, and the dryer should be opened when the cycle is ready. At the end of the dryer cycle, there will be no residue left behind.
It’s best to use this method at most once a week. Or when you’re having trouble getting rid of all of the moisture that’s stuck in your balls after a round.
Growzania is reader-supported.
At Growzania, we aim to provide you with helpful content that helps you work towards a better you.
As such, we include some affiliate or referral links within our posts. When you buy through these links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These affiliate links come at no additional cost to you.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
The details on this article (price, ratings, etc.) are correct as of the date when the post was last updated.
We strive to update our posts regularly. However, a few details may have changed between post update dates.